Geoinformation serving hazard management
According to a United Nations report released in November 2015, 90% of natural disasters in the last 20 years were triggered by 6,457 severe weather events (flooding, storms, heatwaves, drought, etc.). That’s 14% more than for the 1995-2005 period, and almost double the number from 1985 to 1995.
Industrial hazards are another kind of risk: industrial facilities now need to plan for, mitigate and manage different kinds of disasters such as fires, explosions or pollution.
Telespazio France offers its customers a range of tools and decision-support data to cope with these major risks.
Industrial facility surveillance
- Early detection of potential accidents and polluting discharges
- Risk analysis and impact assessment with modelling tools
- Simulation of accidents, personnel training and validation of emergency plans
Environmental risk monitoring
- 24/7 hotline
- Precise damage assessment
- Training and simulated emergency plan exercises
- Deployment of wireless satellite communications